English News

  • youtube
  • facebook
  • twitter

Caught on Camera: Pet dog sparks fire in kitchen that spreads to rest of house

Screengrab from the video.

CCTV footage recorded by a security camera inside a house in Missouri, USA shows a pet dog entering the kitchen and turning on the gas stove which started a massive blaze that eventually engulfed the entire house.

Fox News cited firefighters as saying the fire broke out at the Parkville home Friday around 8:40 a.m.

The video shows the dog reaching up and touching the top of a stove and activating the controls which lights the fire.

Fire officials said a pan from the previous night’s dinner with cooking oil in it was lying on the stove which went up in flames. The home suffered extensive damage due to the fire.

Division Fire Chief Chris Denney told FOX Television Stations that no one was at home at the time except for two dogs. The smoke was seen by neighbours who alerted the fire department. Denney said both dogs were rescued and saved.

Denney said the family decided to release the video to the public.

He said new appliances are being seen with touch controls that activate by the simple touch of a finger.  An animal’s paw can also activate these types of controls.

His advice was that people should use built in safety’s if available on appliances when not in use and accessible by children or animals.

Also read: Video: Rare sight of 6 tigers walking together in forest