Five Arunachal Pradesh youths who had gone missing and later located in China will be coming back today.
Kiren Rijiju, member of parliament from Arunachal Pradesh and Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister, said in a tweet: "The Chinese PLA has confirmed to Indian Army to hand over the youths from Arunachal Pradesh to our side. The handing over is likely to take place anytime tomorrow – 12th September – at a designated location."
Rijiju had earlier said on Tuesday that the PLA has responded to the hotline message sent by the Indian Army about the young hunters. The Chinese had assured the army that the five men would be returned.
Around the same time, the Indian Army had helped three Chinese citizens return to China when they had lost their way in the Indian territory. The three Chinese people were found in sub-zero temperatures in north Sikkim, at an altitude of 17,500 feet. They were provided food, warm clothes and medical assistance, including oxygen. The three Chinese expressed their gratitude to India and the Indian Army for their prompt assistance.
Initial reports from the state said that the youth had been kidnapped by Chinese troops. An alarmed state government had said it was monitoring the case, and the local administration had been directed to assist all agencies concerned to trace the missing boys.
The five – Toch Singkam, Prasat Ringling, Dongtu Ebiya, Tanu Baker and Ngaru Diri – went missing in a forest area near Nacho in Upper Subansiri. Two other villagers, who had managed to flee the spot, informed other villagers. Arunachal Pradesh shares a 1,080 km-long border with China..