During his address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to India's freedom fighters
Addressing the nation today from the Red Fort, Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to India’s freedom fighters.
Here are eight top quotes from the PM's address:
- Nation remembering those who made sacrifices but were forgotten and not given their due. We are thankful to Bapu, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Babasaheb Ambedkar, Veer Savarkar who gave their lives for country's independence.
- India is the mother of democracy. India has seen a lot of ups and downs in the last 75 years. There have been sorrows as well as achievements in these years. We faced natural calamities, wars and other problems. But unity in diversity became our guiding power.
- "In coming years, we've to focus on 'Panchpran'- First, to move forward with bigger resolves & resolve of developed India; Second, erase all traces of servitude; Third, be proud of our legacy; Fourth, strength of unity and Fifth, duties of citizens which includes the Prime Minister and Chief Ministers.
- Respect for women is an important pillar for India's growth. We need to support our "Nari Shakti". Our "Nari Shakti" is being represented in all sectors. The more opportunities we give to our daughters, the more they will take us forward.
- We must be proud about our heritage. Only when we are deeply rooted to our motherland, we will fly high.
- Our goal is ensuring optimum outcome of our human sources, natural resources.
- We have opened new avenues for the youth. My beloved citizens, Lal Bahudar Shashtri gave us a slogan "Jai Jawan Jai Kisan". Atal Vihari Vajpayee added "Jai Vigyan" to it. Now we go a step further and add "Jai Anusandhan" (innovation) to it.
- Until and unless, people have the mentality of penalizing the corrupt, the nation cannot progress at the optimum pace. Another evil we need to come together against is nepotism. We need to give opportunities to this who are talented & will work towards the progress of the nation.