English News

  • youtube
  • facebook
  • twitter

Shah, Kejriwal visit Radha Soami Satsang Beas Covid care centre

Shah, Kejriwal visit Radha Soami Satsang Beas Covid care centre

Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal visited the 10,000-bed Sardar Patel Covid Care Centre at Radha Soami Satsang Beas at Chattarpur in south Delhi.

The Union Home Ministry is supervising the Covid Care Centre amid a steep rise in the number of novel coronavirus cases in the national capital.

Besides Shah and Kejriwal, Union Minister of State for Home G. Kishan Reddy, Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Director General SS Deswal also visited the centre. The operation of this centre, including providing adequate medical personnel, has been entrusted to the central armed police forces, led by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).

In the collaborative venture, the Delhi government is providing administrative support, the Radha Soami Beas has lent the campus and providing food while ITBP is providing medical personnel. It will be the largest Covid-19 care facility in India.

More than 1,000 doctors, nurses and paramedic staff of the ITBP and other paramilitary forces have been deployed at the facility. An additional 1,000 paramedical, assistant and security staff have also been posted there.

The centre will have two segments – Covid Care Centre, where asymptomatic cases will be treated, and the dedicated Covid health care. The Covid care centre will account for 90 per cent of beds, the dedicated Covid health care, the rest 10 per cent of beds. More than 75 ambulances will be deployed at the centre.

The coronavirus infection which started from Wuhan, China, late last year has spread all over the world infecting nearly 10 million people, killing 5,00,000 and destroying the global economy..