The country administered more than 24 lakh vaccine doses on Saturday taking the cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses injected in the country to 14,08,02,794
India has now become the fastest country in the world to administer 14 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccines in just 99 days.
The country administered more than 24 lakh vaccine doses on Saturday taking the cumulative number of COVID19 vaccine doses injected in the country to 14,08,02,794. The pace is expected to accelerate further from May 1 as all those above 18 years will be eligible for vaccination. Currently only those above 45 years of age are being vaccinated.
All Indians above the age of 18 years can now register online for their vaccination shot from April 28 on the CoWin platform.The government has said there will be no walk-in registration for this age group of people. Registration through the Aarogya Setu app will also start on April 28.
According to the new rules, the state governments and private entities can buy vaccines directly from the manufacturing companies.
The Central government will continue to vaccinate frontline workers, health workers and those above 45 years.
Registering for COVID-19 vaccine online
· Click on Register/Sign in Yourself on the CoWIN website,
· Enter your mobile number, click on Get OTP. An OTP should arrive on your phone. Enter the digits on the site, and click Verify.
· On the Register for Vaccination page, enter all the details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth. Click on Register.
· Once registered, you will get the option to schedule an appointment, Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
· Enter your pin code and press Search. The centres in the pin code will show up, select the date and time and click on Confirm.
· You can add up to four members through one login. It is easy to reschedule your appointment as the process is similar to the first scheduling.
Registration through Aarogya Setu app
· Click on CoWIN tab on the home screen of the Aarogya Setu app >
· Select Vaccination Registration > Enter Phone Number > Enter OTP
· Click on Verify > You will be directed to the Registration of Vaccination page
· Follow steps listed in the 'Process for registration through CoWIN portal' guide.