English News

  • youtube
  • facebook
  • twitter

Caught on camera: Another Pure EV electric scooter goes up in flames in Gujarat’s Patan district

Screengrab from the video.

Another e-scooter manufactured by Pure EV caught fire at a house in Suvidhinath Society in Patan district of Gujarat on Thursday while it was being charged. Fortunately the charging point was in the compound of the house near the outer boundary wall and no one was hurt.

The video shows the e-scooter going up in flames while the charger is still plugged into it.

This was the fifth fire involving Pure Energy’s electric scooters. Four other Pure EV e-scooters have caught fire earlier, the fourth one being reported last month from Hyderabad. The company had recalled 2,000 electric scooters in April.

The government had appointed a committee to investigate all the fire incidents involving electric vehicles and new quality guidelines for manufacturers are expected soon.