English News

  • youtube
  • facebook
  • twitter

US teenager dies due to overdose of medicine linked to Tik Tok challenge

Thirteen-year-old Jacob Stevens died after overdosing on an over-the-counter medication. He was attempting a Tik Tok challenge.

A US teenager died after he overdosed on Benadryl, an over-the-counter medication, as he was trying to copy a Tik Tok challenge.

The challenge was to take 12 to 14 pills, which would create a hallucination, but instead, that overdose killed 13-year-old Jacob Stevens, his family told ABC6.com.

The teen died after six days on a ventilator. Justin Stevens, Jacob’s father, said it was “the worst day of his life.”

Justin said the teen was at home with friends when he overdosed. He says Jacob’s  friends filmed him attempting the social media challenge when all of a sudden his body started seizing.

“When he did it all came at once and it was too much for his body,” Justin said.

Jacob’s distraught parents and grandmother say that they would not like this to happen to anyone else’s child and want other parents to draw a lesson from their tragedy to safeguard their children.