Making his England debut, 27-year-old Robinson took seven wickets and also scored 42 in the first Test against New Zealand which ended in a draw at the Lord's yesterday
England and Sussex bowler Ollie Robinson has been suspended from all international cricket pending the outcome of a disciplinary investigation following historic tweets he posted in 2012 and 2013.
Making his England debut, 27-year-old Robinson took seven wickets and also scored 42 in the first Test against New Zealand which ended in a draw at the Lord's yesterday.
"He will not be available for selection for the second Test against New Zealand starting at Edgbaston on Thursday 10 June. Robinson will leave the England camp immediately and return to his county," the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said in a statement after the conclusion of the game.
On June 2, just before making his Test debut, Robinson had said that he was "embarrassed by the racist and sexist tweets" which he had posted over eight years ago but became public now. "I want to make it clear that I'm not racist and I'm not sexist," he said.
Robinson said that he was "thoughtless and irresponsible" then and since that period, matured as a person.
"Today should be about my efforts on the field and the pride of making my Test debut for England, but my thoughtless behaviour in the past has tarnished this," he said.
Initiating a full investigation as part of the disciplinary process, ECB had last week reiterated that it has a zero-tolerance stance to any form of discrimination and there are rules in place that handle conduct of this nature.
Meanwhile, England skipper Joe Root said that Robinson has dealt with a "huge array of emotions" over the last week and he has got to learn some "hard lessons".
"From a performance point of view, on the field, he has had an exceptional debut. With regards to the stuff that has happened off the field, it is not acceptable within our game – we all know that," Root said on Sunday.