As radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa is out to commemorate Operation Blue Star with a parade call for ‘Bandh’ (shutdown), all social media accounts of the organisation have been suspended. The Facebook and Twitter accounts of Dal Khalsa were disabled. Though no official statement has been issued so far, highly placed sources in law agencies said that the move comes in wake of the protest march scheduled for June 5 and Bandh on June 6. A senior official claimed that the same had been done owing to the sensitivity of the event this year after the crackdown on Khalistani separatist Amritpal Singh and three low intensity bomb blasts near Golden Temple in May.
The organisation has announced that events won’t be just symbolic but they want people from the grassrots to join in. Law enforcement agencies are alert to the moves, including call by Dal Khalsa activist Kanwarpal Singh who has said that his organisation would still go ahead with its plan.
“We will deploy two companies of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and two companies of the Rapid Action Force (RAF). Around 1,500 personnel from the Punjab Armed Police and different district police have already reached Amritsar. We are expecting approximately 5,000 personnel from different wings of the Punjab Police, in addition to the four paramilitary companies. Rumour mongers will be dealt with stern action.” said Arpit Shukla, Special Director General of Police, Law and Order after reviewing the security arrangements in Amritsar especially around Golden Temple.