English News

indianarrative

6-month-old boy dies as fish gets stuck in throat at Thane near Mumbai

Photo for representation

Thane: A six-month-old boy got choked to death in Thane near Mumbai on Thursday as a fish got stuck in his throat.

The little boy was playing with the dead fish that had been given to him by older children from his neighbourhood.

The deceased infant, identified as Shahbaj Ansari, was declared dead when he was brought to Central Hospital and the post-mortem showed that a 1.5-inch-long fish was stuck in his windpipe that caused his death.

The tragic incident took place in the Ambernath area where there are  fish vendors. Shahbaj was playing outside his house with other children and was placed on a mat by his mother. When his mother picked him up, he was unconscious.

Sarfaraj Ansari, 30, the boy’s father said that they took the boy to the local clinic but was advised to take him to Central Hospital. He was the only child of the couple.